Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hello Again!

Hello dear ones! It is I, even your favorite Kyra! I am so pleased to be writing you once again.

So yesterday, as I intimated, was a free day and I went to Tel-Aviv. I had a marvelous time! The water was nice at the beach and I had an excellent Italian dinner in the city. All-in-all it was a worthwhile day. Next time I'll try to post some pictures.

Today I had the valuable experience of herding sheep and goats. I found goats to be rather stubborn, cunning creatures, and sheep to be fairly stupid. It was actually kind of fun and we (the BYU students) did quite well making the herd do what we wanted them to do. Many people who try can't even get the animals to move, let alone go where they want them to go. Anyway, I learned how to be patient and get the leader to follow; in this herd, one goat in particular was the ringleader, and if she followed, the whole herd followed. All good fun.

What else. I helped make pita bread over an open fire today! My hair and clothes smell pretty smokey, but other than that it was loads of fun.

Well, that's all I have time to write. Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment